RM Rail Engineering is a modern Russian engineering center specializing in the development of freight rail cars, containers, tank containers and petrochemical equipment.
RM Rail Engineering is a modern Russian engineering center specializing in the development of freight rail cars, containers, tank containers and petrochemical equipment. It was created in 2013 as a result of reforming the company's research and development activities. The entity solves full range of engineering problems for RM Rail, as well as for external customers. The services include:
- front-end engineering, development of basic and detail design;
- development of design documentation, with a full range of strength and normative calculations;
- patent research;
- testing rail freight rolling stock and its components, as well as storage tanks and pressure vessel fittings;
- production certification and verification of product compliance with the current technical regulations.
The company strategic goals are aimed at implementation of the following plans:
- ensure RM Rail Group leadership in production of special purpose rolling stock (improvement of design documentation development processes, product life cycle support);
- secure the volumes of castings produced by RM Rail (mastering production of new types of products, large and medium rail car castings, including export castings);
- ensuring stable production of freight rail cars for non-CIS countries (design and certification in accordance with international standards);
- ensuring growth in labor productivity through software advancement, professional development of employees (the unleashed resources are planned to be used to implement more projects for organizations external to RM Rail);
- new product development in railcar and container manufacturing using aluminum alloys;
- development of design documentation and putting into production cryogenic products (tank containers and static tanks).
RM Rail Engineering is a group of multidisciplined high performers ready to develop any product ‘from scratch’ by team working. RM Rail Engineering have more than 100 models of rail freight rolling stock on their credit side, many of which are retained in mass production and have valid certificates of conformity. This is the widest range of models in the domestic market, as well as in the countries of near and far abroad.
Considering the fact that various flows of cargo are transferred to container carriage and its growing trend, RM Rail engineers are working on expanding the range of containers for various purposes (dry vans, special-purpose containers, tank containers, etc.).
RM Rail Engineering is a leader in the design of storage equipment for petrochemical industry. Our designers are creators of a wide range of this application products, including pressure vessels (horizontal and vertical with different types of bottoms/roofs), agitated vessels, oil/gas separators, heat exchangers, gas separators, air accumulators and other equipment per catalogs and customer specifications.
High complexity problem solving tasks are accomplished using modern hardware and software packages, technologies and design methods, including Product Planning and Development System (PPDS). In PPDS a given level of the model competitiveness can be established as early as at the technical assignment compilation stage.
Designing is made using SolidWorks, Compass software.
SolidWorks PDM, APPIUS
Engineering data are managed by SolidWorks PDM, APPIUS.
SolidWorks Simulation, SolidWorks Flow Simulation, Truboprovod, Nozzle-FEM
Engineering calculations are made using SolidWorks Simulation, SolidWorks Flow Simulation, Truboprovod, Nozzle-FEM.
When developing cast parts, our specialists turn to the ProCAST automated casting process simulation system. We can ‘look’ inside the process and understand its nature, see how the mold cavities are filled, watch the casting solidification, evaluate strain and stress. It is important that we are able to predict flawing, which means that the result is under our full control. The use of ProCAST ensures that castings will be produced to specified structural criteria, physical and mechanical properties, at a minimum cost.